Founded in 1904, MBKU is a private, non-profit institution with a legacy of clinical and academic excellence and a pioneering reputation in the emerging field of interprofessional education.
Our School of PA Studies program was the first accredited PA program in Orange County and boasts one of the most desirable student-to-faculty ratios in the United States (8:1). Here are some other things students like to know about MBKU’s School of PA Studies.
Our mission is to educate individuals to become compassionate Physician Assistants who provide the highest quality health care in a collaborative environment, are dedicated to their communities, and advance the PA profession.
- Integrity: We value integrity and professionalism by modeling honesty, thoughtfulness, and consistency in our words and actions.
- Compassion: We value the dignity of our patients and their families and recognize compassion must be a cornerstone of our professional interactions.
- Respect: We value the highest level of respect by advocating the virtue of inclusion while embracing the differences within communities where we serve, work and teach.
- Service: We value service for humanity and are committed to the welfare of others.
- Excellence: We value the pursuit of excellence as a standard of quality for the PA profession.
- Lifelong Learning: We value lifelong learning as an essential component of quality education and ongoing evidence-based medical care.
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Marshall B. Ketchum University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Marshall B. Ketchum University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be March 2029. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.